Sunday, April 14, 2013

Defiance

Pink and white splatter...colors peeking boldly through the rough greenery of ivy...thrust up in defiance of the overgrowth...single...alone...I am here the geranium announces...I have been here...I will always be here...brush up against me and I will laden you with a stink...I am not a rose...sweet smelling...the stuff of perfumes and lotions...of love and passion...but I have no thorns...no need of them...I am eternal...I live on...sometimes full...abundant...loaded with blooms...other times scraggly...bare of leaf and flower...I dwell along walls and fences...I define beginnings and endings...fronts...backs....sides...I am strong with purpose...I am not an ambling ground cover...aimlessly wandering...hiding the dark earth underbelly...slinking along...a foreboding hindrance...I am welcoming...I beckon those who attend...I am loud and bright...reds...pinks...whites...multis...I am part of the exuberance called nature...I am resilient...so grow over me...I will find my way out...push me down...I will burst forth...even as one lone bloom...singly making myself known...I will not be forgotten...I will remain...fulfilling my destiny...sustaining...defining...even to catching the attention of a lone walker...who smiles at me...and remembers me.



No comments:

Post a Comment