Thursday, April 11, 2013

Scrabble

Goad...a six-point word...first down on the board...gets a double score...goad...provoke...challenge...rile...an interesting first word...a first game played...the first contact with an old neighborhood acquaintance...to which I reply shard...because that's what he did...drove a shard through my psyche...a tease and run...so long ago...little bully that he was...it came as a shock...the challenge to scrabble...perhaps the memory not shared...only mine alone...but goad...so loaded...so spiteful...so curious...an unconscious reminder of a deed so deep in the past...and so I play thug...and he plays fangs...scary I say...and he says damn...I toss in amity...he trumps with jilt...75 points...and runs...there is no catching him...again


No comments:

Post a Comment